Gothenburg, Sweden, September 27, 2021 — Ranatec, a part of the Qamcom group and supplier of specialized test and measurement equipment for RF and microwave applications, today announced its latest innovation, the RI 198 Forensic Box designed for law enforcement, IT forensics and crime investigators.
The RI 198 enables users to analyze signal jammers or protect wireless devices that have been collected at a crime scene. The box is portable, easy to use and features a flexible lid that remains open at any angle and closed without any additional locking device.
Example of application use:
- Protect wireless devices (from criminals) from being hacked remotely (wireless), and to analyse these devices.
- The devices can be mobile phones and laptops, but also signal jammers that criminals use to jam wireless connections during a crime.
“With the RI 198, Ranatec once hits the mark on delivering benchmark RF shielding technology, says Magnus Kilian, CEO, Ranatec. This RF shielding technology is based on sought after telecom products we have delivered over past 10 years. RF shield boxes based on this unique technology are in use (in the hundreds) at some of the leading telecom companies in the world.”
- Good shielding, 60 dB at 1 GHz and 50 dB at 3 GHz.
- Easy-to-use, no latches, lid stays open at any position
- Light weight, 8.3 kg
- Ventilation panels, fan if requested
- RF-gloves and RF-window
- USB- LAN- SMA- and AC-interface.
|Attenuation at 3 GHz
- The RI 198 is designed for high shielding over all cellular mobile frequency bands making it suitable for applications such as:
- Protect wireless devices to be hacked
- Store wireless devices (evidence) collected at crime scenes
- Analyse signal jammers
Standard configuration includes:
- 1 pc Dual USB 2.0 480 Mbps Feedthru Filter
- 1 pc LAN 1 Gbps Feedthru Filter
- 1 pc 110/230 VAC Feedthru Filter
- 6 pcs SMA(f)/SMA(f) Bulkhead Connector
- 2 pcs DC Feedthru EMI Filter
- 1 pc f-type 75 Ohm Connector
Ranatec is ISO9001:2015 certified and offers specialist services within eight defined domains to a global customer base including the world’s leading electronics manufacturers.
A part of the Qamcom Group, Ranatec is progressive creator of niche test and measurement equipment for the most demanding RF and microwave applications. Together with our clients and partners, we cultivate advancement within signal management to test, measure, filter, or block signals. Based on a ccommitment to constant development and improvement, we aim to make our clients and their products better through inventive solutions for design verification, product certification, production testing and expert trouble shooting.
Partnering with leading global brands, Ranatec products are created to provide the newest advancements in test design and satisfy the highest demands for performance and quality. Our global family of customers includes electronics manufacturers and test labs within cellular infrastructure, mobile phone and radar system industries. Off-the-shelf or full customization, Ranatec offers innovative solutions for Wireless Test Automation, RF/EMC Shielding, and Radar Testing. ISO9001:2015 certified, Ranatec is compliant with the most stringent ISO requirements. Visit us at ranatec.com and follow our latest news on LinkedIn and Twitter.
If you would like more information about this topic, please call Media Contact, Leslie Johnsen at +47 41458043, or Leslie.firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, Magnus Kilian, CEO at Ranatec, at +46 703 00 50 15, or email@example.com.