Gothenburg, Sweden, December 8, 2022 — Ranatec, a part of the Qamcom group and supplier of specialized test and measurement equipment for RF and microwave applications, today announced it has added a new, state-of-the-art band stop filter for RF test and measurement to its product portfolio. First of its kind on the market, the Ranatec RI 268 tunable band reject filter covers all sub-6-GHz mobile bands, channel bandwidths and all sub-7.125-GHz Wi-Fi channels. The benchmark new RI 268 provides comprehensive coverage of all sub-8-GHz channel plans for design verification, product certification and product testing.
-“Harnessing Ranatec’s proven expertise and continued focus on the design and manufacturing of premium quality test and measurement equipment for the most demanding niche RF and microwave applications, the Ranatec RI 268 Tunable Band Reject Filter 600-8000 MHz targets device testing for mobile 2G/3G/4G/5G as well as WiFi 4/5/6/6E/7 and Bluetooth,” confirms Magnus Kilian, CEO at Ranatec.
The RI 268 has been developed for formal conformance testing performed by accredited test houses and internal verification by device vendors.
- Ranatec’s newest instrument is designed to aid test houses and mobile device vendors in meeting the extensive set of ETSI/3GPP and Wi-Fi Alliance conformance test specifications (TS 136 521-1 for LTE, TS 138 521-1 for 5G NR and IEEE 802.11 for WiFi) stipulating levels of radio properties to be verified for enabling high quality wireless access of mobile devices.
- Two key objectives for the conformance test specification are to detail requirements applicable for any mobile device with respect to transmitter output spurious emissions and receiver blocking characteristics.
The Ranatec RI 268 state-of-the-art, programmable band reject filter extends the dynamic range in spurious emission measurements by at least 30 dB by selectively suppressing the desired transmitted signal, leaving spurious outputs unaffected. To enable adequate verification of receiver blocking characteristics, the RI 268 is easily configured to lower the noise level at selected receive frequency from any signal generator up to the same amount.
- Targets formal conformance testing by accredited test houses and internal verification processes executed by mobile device vendors.
- Critical tool for adaptation to stringent new ETSI/3GPP conformance test specifications for mobile device radio properties covers all sub-6 mobile bands and channel bandwidths for 2G/3G/4G/5G.
- Supports spurious emissions and blocking tests for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth bands up to 7.125 GHz.
- Future proof for applications up to 8 GHz.
Ranatec quality assurance
Ranatec is ISO9001:2015 certified and offers specialist services within eight defined domains to a global customer base including the world’s leading electronics manufacturers.
A part of the Qamcom Group, Ranatec is progressive creator of niche test and measurement equipment for the most demanding RF and microwave applications. Together with our clients and partners, we cultivate advancement within signal management to test, measure, filter, or block signals. Based on a ccommitment to constant development and improvement, we aim to make our clients and their products better through inventive solutions for design verification, product certification, production testing and expert trouble shooting.
Partnering with leading global brands, Ranatec products are created to provide the newest advancements in test design and satisfy the highest demands for performance and quality. Our global family of customers includes electronics manufacturers and test labs within cellular infrastructure, mobile phone and radar system industries. Off-the-shelf or full customization, Ranatec offers innovative solutions for Wireless Test Automation, RF/EMC Shielding, and Radar Testing. ISO9001:2015 certified, Ranatec is compliant with the most stringent ISO requirements. Visit us at ranatec.com and follow our latest news on LinkedIn and Twitter.
If you would like more information about this topic, please call Media Contact, Leslie Johnsen at +47 41458043, or Leslie.email@example.com. Or, Magnus Kilian, CEO at Ranatec, at +46 703 00 50 15, or firstname.lastname@example.org.