• Noise level adjusment without breaking the carrier
path to output
• For 70 or 140 MHz carrier
• Accurate and repeatable setting of Carrier-to-Noise
• 50 dB C/N range with 0.05 dB resolution
• 0.1 dB C/N level accuracy
• Selectable noise bandwidth
• Fast C/N level setup time (5 ms)
• Low distortion in carrier path
• Windows and Linux support
• 1-slot, 3HU PXI module
• LabView drivers
The Ranatec RI 1701 is a fast and accurate Carrier-to-Noise Generator in PXI format. The noise level can be adjusted and added to the carrier within 5 ms without breaking the carrier path from input to output. A Bit Error Rate Tester can then run continuously during a test with several C/N levels. The BER test can be made fast (regarding test-time) with continuously running tester and C/N setup time of less than 5 ms. This makes RI 1701 ideal for production testing.
The Ranatec RI 1701 is made for BER testing on systems with a 70 or 140 MHz IF, such as microwave links.